The Great Divide Mountain Bike Route from Canada to Mexico.


Welcome! This site documents a two month, solo, unsupported mountain bike tour of the The Great Divide Mountain Bike Route from Banff AB Canada to the US-Mexican border at Antelope Wells, NM. The trip began in late July and finished 25 SEP 2007. It took 61 days and encompassed 2842.32 miles.

My more detailed and informative site can be found at:

http://boundaryzero.net

Please forward any questions/comments via email to: boundaryzerochris@gmail.com.
_____________________________________________

LATEST POSTS

View latests posts below: If you click on a "menu post," only that post will be shown. Click here to get back to main site.

02 September 2007

Day 38 Kremmling, CO

Day 38

There's a bit of magic in everything, and some loss to even things
out. ~Lou Reed, "Magic and Loss"

Hello all! Good to be back in Colorado and passing (at least
horizontally) the ultimate begin point of the trip. About 11AM today,
I actually passed the exact location I discovered the GDMBR two years
ago.

Travels since Rawlins have gone well. I passed back into Divide
country with actual trees about 20-30 miles south of Rawlins. I had
never seen the country between the WY/CO border and Steamboat Springs
before and it was well worth it...very stunning.

I came into Steamboat in a thunderstorm, but it at least cleared
before I made camp. I didn't loiter too much in Steamboat and pushed
out mid morning after a very nice family from Carbondale (near Aspen)
shared their breakfast with me. Thanks and best wishes to them! They
endured the singing campsite drunk all night just like I did.

The ride up Lynx Pass was interesting, through the Stagecoach
Reservoir area and up. Then the statistically impossible happened.
Five GDR riders, not knowing it would happen, all converged at the
same campsite within an hour or so of each other. Two were riders
from back east who had linked up and started riding together in MT,
and the other two were a couple from Georgia. All of us were
"thru-riders" who had started the trip a significantly different times
in Banff. For me, this was the first time I had encountered other
riders since Seeley Lake, MT and it was one of the highlights of the
trip thus far to swap stories and meet like minded folks. We all
resumed our own rides again this morning and may cross paths again
down the trail.

All is well, equipment is good and everything is on track. I'll be
glad when the holiday is over and the backcountry traffic mellows back
out.

Mileage to date: 1733.14