The Great Divide Mountain Bike Route from Canada to Mexico.


Welcome! This site documents a two month, solo, unsupported mountain bike tour of the The Great Divide Mountain Bike Route from Banff AB Canada to the US-Mexican border at Antelope Wells, NM. The trip began in late July and finished 25 SEP 2007. It took 61 days and encompassed 2842.32 miles.

My more detailed and informative site can be found at:

http://boundaryzero.net

Please forward any questions/comments via email to: boundaryzerochris@gmail.com.
_____________________________________________

LATEST POSTS

View latests posts below: If you click on a "menu post," only that post will be shown. Click here to get back to main site.

13 June 2007

Caribou/505 Training Ride

I finished the back bracket water bottle setup this morning and loaded the bike up with the full gear package. What you see on the bike is what I am touring the Divide with. The trail I picked to test it all is a loose, rocky, root strewn extended downhill, more technical then what I should see on the GDMBR.
Overall, the only issues include the cooking gear in the little bag up front rattling (something that can be solved with some cheap bubble wrap) and the tent pole bag not wanting to stay stationary. I have an idea of how to fix that as well. I switched from Marta SLs to Hayes Mags brakes a few months back and combined with larger rotors (more of a downhill vs previous UL cross-country setup,) it makes quite a bit of difference in the realm of brake control and modulation with weight.

The weather was wonderful and I was able to snap off some good shots but had to steal the batteries from the GPS when the camera batteries 'died.' The batteries in the camera showed a 75% charge in the GPS when I switched them out. Wierd.