The Great Divide Mountain Bike Route from Canada to Mexico.


Welcome! This site documents a two month, solo, unsupported mountain bike tour of the The Great Divide Mountain Bike Route from Banff AB Canada to the US-Mexican border at Antelope Wells, NM. The trip began in late July and finished 25 SEP 2007. It took 61 days and encompassed 2842.32 miles.

My more detailed and informative site can be found at:

http://boundaryzero.net

Please forward any questions/comments via email to: boundaryzerochris@gmail.com.
_____________________________________________

LATEST POSTS

View latests posts below: If you click on a "menu post," only that post will be shown. Click here to get back to main site.

16 August 2007

Day 21 Lima, MT

"Little by little...I can breathe again."
-Robert Plant

After continued super smoky air since Whitefish, I think I may actually be coming out of it...at least for now. The last few days have been pretty smoky, especially around Wise River, where there was actually quite a bit of solid debris in the air.

Otherwise, the last few days have gone well, monster day right out of Butte with a couple of big elevation climbs. Landed in a USFS campsite in the smoke filled Wise River Valley late in the evening and this wonderful family from Seattle immediately invited me over for dinner, which was excellent. Thanks guys for the food and conversation, you are awesome!

Pushed out into the cold (yes nights and mornings are getting cold...fall is coming!) the next morning hoping to hit a Hot Springs spot near Maverick Mountain Ski Resort. The Elkhorn Hot Springs were closed temporarily for maintenance, which was a bummer. Moved on to lunch at the Grasshopper Restaurant (named after the Grasshopper Glaciers, where they find grasshoppers imbedded in ancient ice glaciers)where I met up with, I estimate, four families of kids. Everywhere I go where there are actually people, it seems kids just swarm around me. The kids ask good questions and I have a good time explaining what I am doing to them. Kids have no boundaries and they are totally psyched to hear my story. Anyway, one of the parents was so happy that I entertained the kids for awhile, they bought my lunch! Thanks to whoever that was! And to the family with the National Guard father serving in Iraq, my best wishes and Godspeed!

After passing through the old ghost town of Bannack that afternoon, I rode out the long road to Grant, where I was taken in by Micheal and Barbara...who made me an excellent dinner and let me camp on thier lawn. That was the best surface I have camped on so far...nice soft grass. Moved out early this morning and rode the high sage desert to Lima...which seems to be a great small town.

Thanks all for the emails! Some referring sites are directing to the "About Me" page, which only shows a reference post...so I eliminated the data on that page and set it up to redirect. Please go directly to the main site to see the latests updates at boundaryzerochris.blogspot.com.

I will try to fix the HTML script errors when I have more time, you don't see those on Firefox.

I will try to get to as many emails as I can, but realize intent but limited resources. I have been literally overwhelmed by the positive energy surrounding this trip, both by the people I meet along the way and via the folks following my and supporting my journey. I had no idea it would happen this way! Thank You!

Mileage to date: 947.60