The Great Divide Mountain Bike Route from Canada to Mexico.


Welcome! This site documents a two month, solo, unsupported mountain bike tour of the The Great Divide Mountain Bike Route from Banff AB Canada to the US-Mexican border at Antelope Wells, NM. The trip began in late July and finished 25 SEP 2007. It took 61 days and encompassed 2842.32 miles.

My more detailed and informative site can be found at:

http://boundaryzero.net

Please forward any questions/comments via email to: boundaryzerochris@gmail.com.
_____________________________________________

LATEST POSTS

View latests posts below: If you click on a "menu post," only that post will be shown. Click here to get back to main site.

03 August 2007

Day 8 Whitefish, MT

Big Smokey Sky Country

Pulled out of Eureka Wed AM full of a fat ham and cheese omelete with
hash browns...mmmm. Mellow climb to the top of Whitefish Divide,
talked to some border patrol guys on the way up who were checking out
a washed out road. Descended down through the grizzly gauntlet. I
found out today that the Tuchuck area is where they send the 'problem'
bears from Glacier NP. Better too know that after, I guess. Anyway,
no problems other than a case of the Willies. I have taken to
chanting cadences I learned in a previous life to keep making noise
and letting the goblins know I'm around.

Camped that night next to the Flathead River across from Glacier NP.
Couldn't see much due to forest fire smoke all around. Red skies at
night though. (wha, ho. wa, ha, ho, ha, ho, ho.)
Climbed up to Red Meadow lakes the next morning and dropped into
Whitefish yesterday evening feeling like I had been riding for 7 days
straight. Oh yea, I had.
Took today off to fix some issues and refit with my mail drops. Mike
from Glacier Cyclery was awesome to help me fix that nagging rack
mount problem and a systemic issue with the front derailluer. Forest
fire smoke is super thick here, it looks like CO a few years back
after the Hayman fire. Anyway, revived my mp3 player, yea! I don't
think I've gone over five days without The Four Horsemen since like,
1997. Yeesh. That will not happen again.

Pulling out for the Swan Valley/Bigfork AO tomorrow.


Mileage to date: 361.7